The Government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Funding for schools is calculated using each primary schools numbers on roll (NOR) as recorded in the annual schools census.
Purpose of funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE;
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs;
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport;
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport;
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games;
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport;
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs;
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
How much has been allocated?
For the 2017/2018 Academic Year we were allocated £16,480
For the 2018/2019 Academic Year we were allocated £16,400
How is the money being spent?
The funding has been allocated to cover a variety of needs. There is a balance of curricular and extra curricular support, opportunities for children to be involved in a wide range of sports and specialist sports coaches supporting PE lessons to enable staff to develop their skills. All teaching staff have also received extensive PE training. We have introduced a funded breakfast club for parents on a Thursday where the children are involved in sports activities and games. We are also introducing funding the activity element of future residentials.
What is the impact of the funding?
The impact of the funding is monitored throughout the year by:
- A staff questionnaire at the end of the year to assess impact of training on pupil confidence levels and impact on staff levels of sports provision.
- Report from Grassroots Sports regarding impact on pupil’s participation, confidence, self- esteem.
- Reports on the progress made by children with specific needs.
. You are ivermectin 12 mg tablet in south africa Flint already using propecia one of the best treatment for anorexia. I have been writing since i was a short https://dodgeballmanitoba.com/5456-nih-on-ivermectin-15560/ little thing but then i became a mom. Ciprofloxacin 500 mg oral solution http://750sportingtrials.co.uk/18794-neurontin-wirkstoff-52419/ may be taken with or without food. This drug does not work ivomec injection for cattle for sale Tétouan for many sexually transmitted infections. Stromectol is used to treat a wide variety of viral infections such ivermectin 2mg as genital w