Ethos and aims of the school
- to provide a stimulating environment in which children are given the opportunity to fully develop their spiritual, intellectual, emotional and social potential;
- to create a framework of love, security, trust and respect which comes from a school community committed to Christian teaching;
- to develop personal moral values, respect for religious values, and understanding of other races, religions and ways of life;
- to enable children to acquire knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to an ever-changing world;
- to value achievement and aspiration, recognising success at each level of development;
- to promote a love of learning and an enquiring mind;
- to give each child a sense of their own worth and a respect for others, enabling them to live together in society.
Our school values
We believe our small size is a big plus giving us a family feel with no barriers between children of different ages. The children know and care for each other and everyone gets a chance to shine. Our teachers are able to provide tuition to meet individual needs and they work to ability, not age.
We believe it is important to promote core Christian values by which to live and which help to develop a moral and spiritual awareness. There are many Christian values but the ones we have specifically chosen are as follows.
We relate these values throughout the school – in teaching and learning, through play, celebrating success and goodness and relating them to Bible stories and in our assemblies.